Re: [avr-gcc-list] GCC console output capture

From: Merrill Friesen
Subject: Re: [avr-gcc-list] GCC console output capture
Date: Wed, 11 May 2005 07:08:26 -0700 (PDT)

Juergen,

Does your batch file do anything other than call make.exe?

I am using CodeWright 7.5 (I'm sure it worked in 6.0 and 7.0 as well)
and have it configured so that it will capture the error output and
jump to the error source when I double-click an error in the output
window.

In the "Project->Properties" dialog box I have the following settings:

"Tools" tab
--------------------
Settings for: "Release"
Category: "Build"
Command: "${FTEE} make"
Command Options:
x Redirect Output
x No command shell
x Save all files

"Errors" tab
--------------------
Error Filename: "proj.err"
Error Parser 1: "_GccErrorInfo"

If "_GccErrorInfo" isn't available as an error parser, then you will
need to open the "Tools->Customize" dialog and enable "Error Parsers"
in the "Libararies" folder.

HTH

Merrill

> Hy,
>
> for my AVR projects I use CodeWright 7 as editor. To compile my
design
> call a batchfile which executes make.exe. The compilation works fine
> but I
> can not capture the GCC console messages (make.exe all > error.txt) >
> and
> because of that I can not use the automatic error extraction parser
of
> CW.
> This parser scans the compiler output for error and warning messages
> and
> jumps to the source line which caused that error.
> The messages are printed to the screen when I start the make.exe
> directly
> but I can not capture them.
> I also tried to call make.exe directly but this does not work better.
>
> Is it possible to print those console messages in a way I can fetch
> them?
>
> Best regards,
> Juergen

Yahoo! Mail Mobile