[avr-gcc-list] a question about STK500 for ATMega8515

From: temp12000
Subject: [avr-gcc-list] a question about STK500 for ATMega8515
Date: Mon, 28 Mar 2005 15:46:41 -0800 (PST)

Hi,

I'm trying to use STK500 for an ATMega8515. The
firmware is developed in CodeVision, and I use
AVRStudio to load the firmware to 8515. The problem I
have now is: when I tried to load the firmware to
flash, it always reports:

Entering Programming Mode failed!

It seems it is because of the configurations of
lockbits and fuses are not correct. I'm not familar
with these? How should I set these lockbits and fuses?
I called atmel some times, however, looks like their
technical support is always not available.

The ATMega8515 is 16PC, 16MHZ. I'm using a onboard
16HZ crystal clock. If I changed to a AT90S8515 and
software clock (4MHZ), then everything seems ok.
However, I need a faster processor.

thanks

temp

http://mybooks.somee.com