Re: [avr-gcc-list] Equivalent of WinAVR 20050214 on Linux

From: Rod Moffitt
Subject: Re: [avr-gcc-list] Equivalent of WinAVR 20050214 on Linux
Date: Fri, 25 Mar 2005 21:14:50 -0500 (EST)

I am delighted that my script has been adapted and is now helping even more people - great work Anton!

Just in case you need another place to host these I have piles of bandwidth and disk space to mirror them. Either I can reference your site via a link, or if you want, I can host them. Let me know (please respond directly since I only check this list once a week or so).

Just in case anyone is wondering why I never made scripts for uisp and the other AVR tools, it's because my original script was created to ensure precise control over my tool-chain since 1) I can't have my distro choose what version I use, and 2) I sometimes need to patch the tool-chain to support new devices or bug fixes (for example the new avr48/88/168 devices), yet I rely on my distro for the other tools (like uisp). However I think it is great that there are now build scripts for all of the AVR tools so anyone under Linux/UNIX can have precise control over the tool.

- Rod

--