Re: [avr-gcc-list] a question about atmega128 io port

From: Parthasaradhi Nayani
Subject: Re: [avr-gcc-list] a question about atmega128 io port
Date: Thu, 24 Mar 2005 03:45:15 -0800 (PST)

li qiyue <address@hidden> wrote:

Hi all,in the page 64 of the datasheet of atmega128,there's a general
digital I/O functional figure,i don't understand what is
RPx¡¢WPx¡¢WDx¡¢RDx in the figure,can anyone
give me some explains?
Thanks

Most (all) Mega controllers have multiple functions for IO pins. Thus a pin can be used as special function pin or as Input pin or as Output pin etc. For example, to make PORTD pins as output pins, one has to write 0xff to Data Direction Register of port D (DDRD). As another example, serial port can be enabled. Then the corresponding pins of the processor, no more function as simple IO pins but as Tx and Rx pins. A detailed reading of the PDF will make things clear. Perhaps there could be some interesting discussions on this topic in avrfreaks forum.

Nayani

Do you Yahoo!?