Re: [avr-gcc-list] Using external RAM

From: Parthasaradhi Nayani
Subject: Re: [avr-gcc-list] Using external RAM
Date: Tue, 22 Mar 2005 07:15:44 -0800 (PST)

--- Shubham Jain <address@hidden> wrote:

> I came to know from the FAQ that bit SRE (SRAM
> enable) in the MCUCR
> register needs to be set for using external RAM. To
> ;; begin xram.S
> #include <avr/io.h>
> .section .init1,"ax",@progbits
> ldi r16,_BV(SRE) | _BV(SRW)
> out _SFR_IO_ADDR(MCUCR),r16
> ;; end xram.S
>
> I linked xram.S with other files in my program.
>
> For defining the dynamic memory, I used the

-Wl,--defsym=__heap_start=0x802000,--defsym=__heap_end=0x803fff

Hello,
I guess you are using mega64 or 128. Under programme
control you can enable and/or disable external RAM.
The starting address of XRAM is 0x1100 in the
processor and I see you have declared available RAM
from 2000H to 3fffH. To debug your code you need the
memory in place.

Nayani