[avr-gcc-list] Installation problem error on compile

From: wbounce
Subject: [avr-gcc-list] Installation problem error on compile
Date: Fri, 18 Mar 2005 21:39:33 -0500

I am trying to prepare an old laptop to run winavr 3.4.1. Because the
laptop only has com I am using a null modem to transfer file from my
main PC. I can not transfer the whole installation file (the comm just
drops on really big files) so I have been transferring only the pieces I
need. I have transferred programmers notepad but can not get it working
because of oleaut32.dll components missing. That is ok Ill just use
notepad to edit. But when I run make all in the project directory make
calls avr-gcc with all the same options as on my main computer and it
returns

Avr-gcc installation problem, can not exec 'ccl': No such file or
directory C:\robot\winavr\utils\bin\make.exe *** [fire.o] error 1

I have both C:\robot\winavr\utils\bin and C:\robot\winavr\bin in my
path.

I also have searched my main computer for a file with that name and I
finally found it under the winavr\libexec\gcc\avr\3.4.1\install-tools
directory which I had not copied so I copied that whole directory and
the lib dir only the gcc subdirectory.

So now I have the winavr\avr, winavr\bin, winavr\lib, winavr\libexec,
winavr\mfile, winavr\pn, winavr\sample, winavr\utils directories.

Now make all gives me a long list of

c:/robot/winavr/bin/../lib/gcc/avr/3.4.1/../../../../avr/include/avr/pgm
space.h 69:20: stdedef.h: No such file or directory
And
c:/robot/winavr/bin/../lib/gcc/avr/3.4.1/../../../../avr/include/string.
h 78:error: parse error before "size_t"

What is wrong with this set up?