Re: [avr-gcc-list] Help Patching gcc for mega48/88

From: E. Weddington
Subject: Re: [avr-gcc-list] Help Patching gcc for mega48/88
Date: Thu, 17 Mar 2005 14:47:00 -0700

Andy Warner wrote:

address@hidden wrote:
[mega48 build probs with crtm48.o not found...]
  > You need to reconfigure and rebuild avr-lib with the new compiler
  and
  > binutils.  avr-libc detects the ability of the compiler to compile
  for
  > the new MCU types, and compiles the crt*.o files accordingly.

I too am having problems with this. Fresh avr-libc-1.2.3 does
not build or install files for the mega48 (and others like mega88,
I suspect.)

Any suggestions ?

I don't even see configure trying to test for mega48 support, as it
does for tiny13/tiny2313 support.

avr-gcc is 3.4.0, binutils is 2.14, both with patches from savannah to
support the extra targets.

Use GCC 3.4.3, binutils 2.15 as those are the latest releases.

What are the commands that you are using to build avr-libc?

Eric