Re: [avr-gcc-list] efficiency of assigning bits

From: Joerg Wunsch
Subject: Re: [avr-gcc-list] efficiency of assigning bits
Date: Sun, 13 Mar 2005 21:05:25 +0100 (MET)

Parthasaradhi Nayani <address@hidden> wrote:

> Also please the binary suffix is implemented in the
> recent past (gcc). Please check the version you have.

Actually, it's not officially supported by GCC at all.  But as it was
a frequently requested item, I once wrote a patch for GCC, and Eric
since includes that patch in his builds of AVR-GCC in WinAVR (starting
with the 200407xx release, I think).  (I do include it into the
FreeBSD port of AVR-GCC as well.)

I'll try to see whether I can convince the GCC folks that it would be
a worthwhile official addition to GCC, but it's not yet clear whether
they will accept it (although I've got a couple of arguments for it).
I first have to port the patch to GCC's CVS version though.