[avr-gcc-list] Re: [avr-chat] Kdevelop for avr-gcc?

From: Kishore
Subject: [avr-gcc-list] Re: [avr-chat] Kdevelop for avr-gcc?
Date: Mon, 7 Mar 2005 08:06:42 +0530

On Monday 07 Mar 2005 4:29 am IST, address@hidden wrote:
> Hi Kitts:
>
> I have used kdevelop as an IDE for avr programming; it's a simple(?)
> matter of changing the target in one of the project options. The beauty
> of this system is that you can create a number of targets with the one
> source base.

Wow! It is great to know that you have done this and that it is possible. I
have seen those options for choosing the compiler and linker under project
options and it is this that actually got me thinking about it.

> It's under one of the options; you have to change the C compiler (to
> avr-gcc), linker, etc that the IDE calls. Then you can use kdevelop as
> an IDE. If you have a nice Makefile, you can also probably use it to
> program your AVR, too.

The real concern / need for an IDE for me is that in the past i have been
spoiled by the use of IDEs and hence know nothing about project management
and makefiles. I would ike to learn, but in my leisure. I would like to know
a little more about how to get Kdevelop to work with the AVR. Getting the
make file to simulate / program the chip would be a great add on, but at
first i would need a makefile to be generated automatically. :)

I'll be hoping to get more information. :)

> Sorry I can't give you more specifics, but I'm at work where all I have
> is XP.

I am currently at work too where i only have XP. I would like to go back home
and experiment with Kdevelop, the AVR and STK500. I shall keep the list
posted with what i find.

--
Cheers!
Kitts