Re: [avr-gcc-list] Bug when -mcall-prologues is used in C++

From: E. Weddington
Subject: Re: [avr-gcc-list] Bug when -mcall-prologues is used in C++
Date: Fri, 04 Mar 2005 13:51:22 -0700

Marek Michalkiewicz wrote:

On Fri, Mar 04, 2005 at 01:05:28PM -0700, E. Weddington wrote:

When using -mcall-prologues in C++, the label embedded in the prologue
sequence is output as a typed C++ name. Needless to say that the
assembler fails.

The best thing to do is to fill out a GCC bug report on this.

There is one already in gcc bugzilla: 18551.  It appears easy to fix,
if only the "you should not use current_function_name()" suggestion
could mention what should be used instead :)

Ok, I updated the description of the bug on the list found here:
<http://rtems.org/phpwiki/index.php/GCCAVRBugs>

Perahps you can comment on that bug report to find out what's needed?

BTW, 19329 (from the long bug list) is not yet closed probably because
it should be fixed properly outside the AVR target, by not generating
these "shift by 0" insns at all.  The AVR target now has a workaround,
but some other targets might be affected as well.

Ah, I see. Comments #13-#15 in that bug report. Thanks for clarifying. Also updated the list to reflect this.

Eric