RE: [avr-gcc-list] shared option does not work?

From: Christopher X. Candreva
Subject: RE: [avr-gcc-list] shared option does not work?
Date: Sun, 20 Feb 2005 19:37:45 -0500 (EST)

On Sun, 20 Feb 2005, Jim Davis wrote:

> I just want to link and produce a linkable library - (static?) that at
> compile time I can link in other projects.  The library would not have a
> main routine. It would be similar to any standard library package.
>
> Surely this compiler allows for library creation for this purpose.

No, the compiler does not produce libraries. It doesn't produce anything
except .o files.

The program that makes libraries is called ar.

Much like you use the linker (ld) to link the .o files and libraries into an
elf file, and avr-obj(something) to make a hex file to load.

Chris Candreva  -- address@hidden -- (914) 967-7816
http://www.westnet.com/