[avr-gcc-list] What Happened to the sbi() and cbi()Macros????

From: Panther Alarm & Communication technologies
Subject: [avr-gcc-list] What Happened to the sbi() and cbi()Macros????
Date: Wed, 2 Feb 2005 16:25:55 +0530

Dear List & Royce ,

Thanks for the suggestion,I do have all the books and references,  @eth =
Chennai ? am there on 5 thro 8 Feb.

The Question was not for me, It was meant for Newbies searching the Archive and
finding a fairly good heated discussions on Bit Operation and

In the heat & dust the sbi & cbi where discussed in detail but bit_is_set()
bit_is_clear() was lost, Hence the trouble of asking the list

I agree I could have posted the same myself, but then I am no Guru :-( and
others are and the Gurus are very helpful. :-)

It may look quite trivial to Lots of You, Mr. Eric will confirm, i was lost
about year and half back, that too Just to get the AVR-GCC port to work on Win
Systems.

There are Lots of Wanabe Developers, Students, etc coming from WIN background.
I Know for sure These Guys get stuck with Linux / Unix commands or just plain
and simple BUILD and the worst case of the amount of flag involved.

My experience with this list has been that

there are Real Good and Learned Gurus, who keep Positing So Many Good / Radical
Solution. But then to a new commoner its Greek. I also agree that a OPEN Source
Development and UpKeeping is only for Guru's and new commoner is a unwelcomed
irritant.

The Problem is Understanding AVR-GCC port. and like you said the AVR-LIBC
documents, it looks like reading a history of development of AVR-GCC port.
within the scope of Understanding of the OS on which its being built or the
Level of understanding of the reader to cross the boundaries of OS.

I could say that I am good in BASIC, as the Choice while at college was limited
to BASIC or COBOL way back in 1984 When it comes to C Boy o Boy I require the C
Bible By My Side. but I still can port complex C to Basic or Basic to C.

I would like to help wherever I can, I support the Open Source AVR-GCC even
though I am just a commoner when it comes to C and a DUD when its Unix or Linux
or Perl or Cygwin, etc etc. ( No time to Learn up all that, Got to make some
money to live )

Instead of Just Grumbling, I am compiling all the notes of mine & the important
posting on the list, I will be hosting it on my WebSite www.pactindia.com, I
would appreciate if the list could send me their own notes
(mailto:address@hidden).

Srikanth Kamath T
PS: On Offence Meant to Greek Language, If some one is offended, pl excuse.

Panther Electronics
www.pactindia.com
20-7-433/4, Hamilton Circle, Hamilton Complex
MANGALORE 575001, KARNATAKA STATE, INDIA
Ph: 91-824-2441797, Fax: 91-824-2441597 Mobil: +91-98455-30797
E-Mail: address@hidden address@hidden address@hidden
Backup e-mail: address@hidden, address@hidden