Re: [avr-gcc-list] RE: avr-gcc-list Digest, Vol 22, Issue 18

From: Theodore A. Roth
Subject: Re: [avr-gcc-list] RE: avr-gcc-list Digest, Vol 22, Issue 18
Date: Thu, 18 Nov 2004 08:49:20 -0800 (PST)

On Thu, 18 Nov 2004, E. Weddington wrote:

> wbounce wrote:
>
> >Ok struggling newby here with a dummy question.
> >
> >I am using winavr which has avr-gcc. Is avr-libc like the linux version?
> >

> avr-libc is the Standard C Library for use with the open source AVR
> toolset (Binutils, GCC). In that sense, it probably has more in common
> with Newlib <http://sources.redhat.com/newlib/>, than it does with GLibC
> <http://www.gnu.org/software/libc/libc.html>

That wasn't how I interpretted the question. I read that as "Is avr-libc
on winavr like the avr-libc on linux?" If the was the question, then the
answer is that they should be identical if they were compiled with the
same versions of binutils and gcc.

The original poster needs to clarify the question a bit. ;-)

---
Ted Roth
PGP Key ID: 0x18F846E9
Jabber ID: address@hidden