Re: [avr-gcc-list] generic queue library for AVR GCC?

From: rusty+avr-gcc-list
Subject: Re: [avr-gcc-list] generic queue library for AVR GCC?
Date: Wed, 17 Nov 2004 11:05:41 -0800 (PST)

Bruce is beating that poor dead horse with a wet noodle. ;)

   Date: Wed, 17 Nov 2004 12:47:42 -0600
   From: Andy Warner <address@hidden>
   To: "Bruce D. Lightner" <address@hidden>
   Cc: address@hidden

   Bruce D. Lightner wrote:
   > [...]
   > You all of course know that "," can be used in place of ";" to
   > separate C statements.  Therefore we can make a minor change to
   > the first macro definition...
   > [...]
   >       #define begin_critical_section()  SREG, cli()
   >       #define end_critical_section(val) SREG = val
   >       {
   >           unsigned char sreg = begin_critical_section();

   Is that going to work the way you expect it to ?

   I understood that the comma operator returns the type and
   value of the rightmost statement (which will be cli()
   in this example.)
   --
   address@hidden

   Andy Warner          Voice: (612) 801-8549   Fax: (208) 575-5634