Re: [avr-gcc-list] avr-gcc doesn´t find <avr/io.h> includes ...

From: Alexandru Csete
Subject: Re: [avr-gcc-list] avr-gcc doesn´t find <avr/io.h> includes ...
Date: Wed, 17 Nov 2004 08:45:45 +0100 (MET)

On Tue, 16 Nov 2004, Fernando Angulo Rodrigo wrote:

> I´m on a hurry!!
>
> I´m working on debian. I installed everithing via ftp, so I think I have
> compatible packages.
>
> The issue is that when I compile the avr-gcc reports:
>
> Loader.c:78:20: avr/io.h: No such file or directory
> Loader.c:79:24: avr/signal.h: No such file or directory
> In file included fdom loader.c:86:
> Memory.c:31:53: avr/pgmspace.h: no such file or directory
> ………
>
> And I have installed also the avr-libc package.
>
> I found a directory called ./usr/avr/includes/ that contains all the
> include files.

Assuming that you mean /usr/avr/includes/ (without the leading dot) I
suggest that you add -I/usr/avr/includes to your compiler flags in your
Makefile. Your Makefile might have worked on other computers because the
AVR headers were probably installed in one of the system include
directories like /usr/include/ .

Generally, if your avr-gcc packages are installed in /usr/avr, you will
probably want to add /usr/avr/bin to your PATH and /usr/avr/lib to your
LD_LIBRARY_PATH.

Alex