[avr-gcc-list] AVR-Insight and library debug

From: Patrizio Zelotti
Subject: [avr-gcc-list] AVR-Insight and library debug
Date: Tue, 16 Nov 2004 22:05:35 +0100

Hi to all,

I developed 2 different applications on the same board (Atmega 128) with
WinAVR20040404 using C language.
After the first working version, I decided to move the common part of the
source code to a library; so I moved the source code to a different directory
and built the library with avr-ar command.
Then I modified the source code to use the library.
The new version of the 2 projects compile and work correctly, but I have a
problem when I debug with avarice and AVR-Insight : I can not debug and see the
source code of the library, I can access only the library at assembly level.

I read the ar manual, but I was not able to find a solution.

The library and the project code are both compiled with -g option.

How is possible to see and debug the source code of the library ?

Thanks to all

Patrizio Zelotti