Re: [avr-gcc-list] ldd Y+const not working, bug?

From: Erik Christiansen
Subject: Re: [avr-gcc-list] ldd Y+const not working, bug?
Date: Mon, 8 Nov 2004 17:42:13 +1100

Klaus,

   Maybe the "working" case is not too robust either:

> is_constant:
>    ldi r16, (table2-table1)-1      ;3
> -----

Trying:

alpha:
   ldi   r16,(beta - alpha)
   .space 600
beta:

in an attempt to have the ldi constant handler reveal itself by
issuing an error message, elicits no complaint. Instead we have:

00000122 <alpha>:
 122: 0a e5          ldi   r16, 0x5A   ; 90

0000037c

To me it seems that (beta - alpha) processing requirements are identical
in principle on both avr and power-pc, and powerpc-linux-as handled this
case, last time I tried.

Lacking a common grammar, allowing many gas variants to inherently handle
(table2-table1)-1, we're faced with a rewrite of this part of avr-as,
along powerpc-linux-as lines, I suspect. (Or going back to accepting the
limitation. ;-)

What do you think?

Erik