[avr-gcc-list] 2 Questions

From: Keith Gudger
Subject: [avr-gcc-list] 2 Questions
Date: Wed, 29 Jan 2003 10:38:02 -0800 (PST)

I have 2 questions - please just point me to the answer if the 1st one has
been answered already.

1)  I'm using the just released WinAVR package, and compiling the simple
demo.c file that comes with it.  I used objtool and can import my .cof
file to Studio v 3.56.
  When I compile using the 2313 device (specified in the makefile), the
PWM interrupt vectors to the *wrong* location.  The code "SIGNAL
(SIG_OVERFLOW1)" never gets called.  If I change this function header to
"SIGNAL (SIG_OVERFLOW0)", it works correctly.  (I found this by using the
assembler mode of Studio to see where the interrupt vectored.)
  When I compile with the mega161 device, the interrupt vectors to address
6, which in the mega devices, is interrupt vector #3, not #6.

Any ideas?  Thanks...

QUESTION # 2:

I'm chasing this down because I am trying to add support for the
AT43USB355 device to avr-gcc.  I created an appropriate "io43u35x.h" file
which gets called OK by io.h.  This seems to work fine.

The linker, however, wants a file called "crt43355.o".  I've tried copying
other crt___.o files and naming them crt43355.o, and I can compile, but
cannot get the correct simulator results.

Can anyone tell me how I can create (correctly) the "crt43355.o" file?
Thank you.

Keith Gudger

avr-gcc-list at http://avr1.org