Re: [avr-gcc-list] Building entire system on linux

From: Karl Thoren
Subject: Re: [avr-gcc-list] Building entire system on linux
Date: Tue, 21 Jan 2003 10:13:48 +0100

On Tue, Jan 21, 2003 at 03:45:42PM +1300, Gavin Jackson wrote:
> I've been using avr-gcc for a few months now under Windows
> and have quite impressed with the code generated and some
> of the optimisations the compiler does. I've managed to customise
> the make files to do just what I want, but now I'm ready for more!
>
> I'd like to switch to a linux (Mandrake 8.2) environment rather
> than Windows. I have limited linux experience but armed with
> enough information I'd like to build all needed files for myself.
> I have downloaded
> avr-libc-20030114cvs.tar.gz
> binutils-030113.tar.bz2
> gcc-core-20030113.tar.bz2
> gcc-g++-20030113.tar.bz2
>
> I'd like to know how I would go about building the files within
> these packages. Where do I copy them to and what do I
> run? I have the development environment installed under linux.
> What else do I need, or where could I find information on how
<snip>

Hi Gavin,

Snapshots and information on how to build the avr-gcc tool-chain is
found
on the home-page of the avr-libc.  <http://www.nongnu.org/avr-libc/>

Snapshots <http://savannah.nongnu.org/download/avr-libc/snapshots/>
Source and precompiled binarys. Source and binary RPMS is also provided.

A explanation on how to compile and install from source is provided in
the avr-libc manual.

<http://savannah.nongnu.org/download/avr-libc/doc/avr-libc-user-manual/>

The link to the instruction.
<http://savannah.nongnu.org/download/avr-libc/doc/avr-libc-user-manual/install_tools.html>