[avr-gcc-list] Proper form for #include directives

From: Dean Ferreyra
Subject: [avr-gcc-list] Proper form for #include directives
Date: Wed, 21 Aug 2002 16:45:53 -0700

Hello,

I'm back using avr-gcc again after a year and a half.  (I did CVS pulls of
binutils, gcc, avr-libc, and uisp, and built under Cygwin.)

I see now that the avr-specific header files are installed in
/usr/local/avr/include/avr and small redirecting header files are installed
in /usr/local/avr/include.  Is it better form to include the files I need
like this:

#include <interrupt.h>

or like this:

#include <avr/interrupt.h>

I can imagine two ways to think about this:

1.  The include/avr/interrupt.h file is an implementation detail, therefore
still prefer #include <interrupt.h> in new code.

2.  The include/interrupt.h file is there for backward compatibility,
therefore prefer #include <avr/interrupt.h> in new code.

Any input is appreciated!

Dean Ferreyra

avr-gcc-list at http://avr1.org