Re: [avr-gcc-list] forcing address

From: Theodore A. Roth
Subject: Re: [avr-gcc-list] forcing address
Date: Tue, 20 Aug 2002 08:37:14 -0700 (PDT)

Here's the generic directives for gas:

http://sources.redhat.com/binutils/docs-2.12/as.info/Pseudo-Ops.html#Pseudo%20Ops

I didn't see the AVR specific ones there though. :-\

Ted Roth

On Tue, 20 Aug 2002, Marlin Unruh wrote:

:) Hi J"org,
:)
:) Ten years ago I wrote some assembly language for the Motorola
:) MC68HC11 and we are still selling that product. But anyway, it must
:) have been an absolute assembler.  The code was passed thru a
:) linker. Using the org "origin" directive the code was placed where
:) you wanted it. I thought maybe the compiler had way to pass info to
:) the linker, and the linker would pack the code and place it at a given
:) location. But, I understand what you are saying.  It is as it is.
:)
:) Where could I get a list of the directives for the GCC assembler?
:)
:) Thank you for you reply.
:) Marlin
:)