[avr-gcc-list] Re: Got AvrStudio 3.2 to work with avr-gcc

From: Gunnar Henne
Subject: [avr-gcc-list] Re: Got AvrStudio 3.2 to work with avr-gcc
Date: Tue Jan 23 19:43:04 2001

Hello Heinrich,

Heinrich Vermeulen wrote:

> 1) Are these changes only affecting Windows users or is it possible to use
> this libc sources to compile source code under Linux and then debug the code
> output using Windows AVR Studio?

At first I thought, it is possible to do this. But then I realized that
AvrStudio is VERY strange about pathnames. When you compile under Linux,
the Linux pathes are used in the debug info, which causes AvrStudio to
crash or refuse to work. :-(

I am working on cross compiling avr-gcc on Linux for Win32, because the
(now used) cygwin environment change my pathes (c:\test ->
/cygdrive/c/test).

My compiled binaries work fine, but because of the path-issue are yet
not useable for AvrStudio.

Greetings

Gunnar