AVRDUDE permissions for Arduino upload

From: Pat Ambre
Subject: AVRDUDE permissions for Arduino upload
Date: Mon, 14 Nov 2022 14:16:55 -0800

HI,
I am woefully over my head in MacOS, Arduino and Avrdude interconnections.

I hope one of you code masters can help me. I am new, learning Arduino, find Avrdude errors interlaced with the consistent Arduino upload errors Ive been slogging thru for the past few weeks.

I’ve tried installing Avrdude, deleting, reinstalling, and changing out Arduino in several and varied combinations. It only makes sense that Arduino contains a loader for Avrdude, but it wasn’t there when I became aware of error messages blocking Hello World progress...Why I originally felt compelled to install Avrdude is due to an error lost in the mists of my memory.

Here is what I’ve gotten…

Using the latest MacOs Ventura,

Avrdude keeps showing up as an error… Please comment?

Installed Arduino 1.6.6, compile and upload failures were occurring. Reinstalled. Installed 1.6.5, Installed over, and again … now at 2.0.1.  Several IDE versions ago, I installed from Avrdude from the gnu site then attempted to delete AVRDUDE as the its presence failed to clear errors. Then the lack of it was providing errors…. My mouse twitched, and I Uninstalled Incompletely as it turns out, a fleeting error .avrduderv was noted, and I believe it was located in a Mac OS config file… searched using spotlight for avrduderv, and rv several times, with no result.

After IDE 2.0.1 insttall, I’m still having problems….

Error code from Arduino IDE. Version: 2.0.1