Re: USB i/o

From: Robert Cochran
Subject: Re: USB i/o
Date: Fri, 16 Apr 2021 08:33:42 -0400

Hi!

If you want to load a sketch onto an Arduino or Arduino-compatible device on a Linux system this might help:

https://www.arduino.cc/en/guide/linux

Thanks so much

Bob

On Fri, Apr 16, 2021 at 6:24 AM Johannes Köhler <koehler.johannes@googlemail.com> wrote:
On 16.04.21 00:37, kefko wrote:

> Dear AVR dudes,
> [...]

I got a private reply to my posting in your
list. "My posting could not be understood, and
that would be a matter to alienate me from the avr list"

Sorry about that! My aim was not like that.
My first posting to this list should be like
"fresh to read"... That because, i used all of
the hacker keywords i did learn :)

Excuse me, i wouldnt go to use your list like a
blog to dump myself, in the future.

My request was to find a way to deal with
the following precise problem:

   Using Port                    : /dev/ttyXYZ
   Using Programmer              : stk500v2
   Overriding Baud Rate          : 57600
   avrdude: ser_open(): can't open device "/dev/ttyXYZ":
   Input/output error

I am not lazy with reading manpages and other
documentation. But it should be the proper text...
One linuxsystem is dropping out (asmedia usb) the other
not (insyd bios)...

thx and sincerely
- kefko