Re: AVR DA support in avrdude (page size 512B in updi) - avr-chat

From: Doom
Subject: Re: AVR DA support in avrdude (page size 512B in updi) - avr-chat
Date: Wed, 23 Dec 2020 09:40:11 +0100

For information, I have integrated a patch from Savannah into my repo.
Now this has been merged into Arduino repo (formerly Martino's one).

So it works now !

Doom.

Le mar. 8 déc. 2020 à 01:06, Doom <doom.mail@gmail.com> a écrit :
Hi,

It seems current avrdude do not work with AVR DA family (nor the version of Martino Facchin).
I would like to know if you have planned to incorporate it in avrdude or if
you know someone else that works on it.

The main problem is that page size is 0x200.
It seems that updi addresses are hardcoded in avrdude.

Here is an extract of avrfreaks : topics here
"however, the AVR-DA have flash page size of 512 (0x0200) bytes which doesn't fit in 1 byte, therefore avrdude truncated it to the low byte 0x00, which is all that fits the protocol! This is obviously invalid, pages can't be zero size, so nEDBG reported an error."

I forked myself the Martino avrdude repository (which include support to atmel ice in updi
protocol) and update the avrdude.conf files using SpenceKonde ones, but this is not
enough to make it working ; https://github.com/doom-fr/avrdude

Thanks for your help & answer.

Doom.