[avr-chat] How to stop avr-gcc from replacing my code with ellipsis

From: Omar Choudary
Subject: [avr-chat] How to stop avr-gcc from replacing my code with ellipsis
Date: Mon, 21 May 2012 18:49:46 +0100

Hello,

I am trying to compile some assembler code that simply has some nops,
then some sbis and then some nops again.

However when the code is compiled I get the following in the listing
file (generated with avr-objdump):

00004da6 <test_code_2>:
    4da6:   2f 93           push    r18
    4da8:   2f b7           in  r18, 0x3f   ; 63
    4daa:   f8 94           cli
    4dc0:   86 9a           sbi 0x10, 6 ; 16
    4dc2:   8e 9a           sbi 0x11, 6 ; 17
    4dd8:   2f bf           out 0x3f, r18   ; 63
    4dda:   2f 91           pop r18
    4ddc:   08 95           ret

As you can see instead of my nops (I should have 10 in the first part
and then another 10) I got ellipses. Well... I actually want to see my
nops. How can I do this?

Thanks,
 Omar