Re: [avr-chat] Avrdude and JTAG / Dragon...

From: David Kelly
Subject: Re: [avr-chat] Avrdude and JTAG / Dragon...
Date: Fri, 27 Feb 2009 22:15:27 -0600

On Feb 27, 2009, at 9:40 PM, Vincent Trouilliez wrote:

- I am currently using a parallel port DIY cable, ISP programming then,
and I notice that it's very slow to download stuff, a bit painful as I
download numerous times a day while debugging. I would say about 5KB/s
maximum. I intend to use JTAG intead of ISP, with my Dragon. What
kind of download speed can I expect from a Dragon using JTAG ?

You are complaining about 6 seconds to program your ATmega32?

I understand that JTAg, thanks to its very nature, allows to chain
devices, allowing to talk with any one dvice from a single JTAG port.

In practice I don't think the Dragon supports that.

Solution: buy two Dragons! I have had two connected at the same time and IIRC there is a dialog box for selecting the desired target. That a project remembers the Dragon it last talked to.

I have a dead Dragon laying around somewhere. No longer appears on USB device list. Haven't pursued it but would be nice if it only had zapped FLASH and could be revived using another Dragon.

--
David Kelly N4HHE, address@hidden