Re: [avr-chat] Making own MP3 Player as a Project (ankvi)

From: Andreas Stemmer
Subject: Re: [avr-chat] Making own MP3 Player as a Project (ankvi)
Date: Mon, 12 Jan 2009 13:14:08 +0100

You can find some information on the following page:
http://www.rockbox.org/twiki/bin/view/Main/RockboxPlayer

It contains a  link to an MP3 player project using the AVR Butterfly. However,
as expected decoding is done with a dedicated chip.

If you really insist on decoding the MP3 stream with the Atmega128, you can use
the code from this site as a starting point, but I doubt it will be possible in
realtime. Even only the transfer of the decoded wave data to an external DAC
(44.1 kHz * 16bit * 2 ~ 176 kb/s) is plenty of this processor.

AS