Re: [avr-chat] Accident with the Fuse Bits :(

From: Graham Davies
Subject: Re: [avr-chat] Accident with the Fuse Bits :(
Date: Wed, 12 Apr 2006 20:07:02 -0400

Carson Ka Shun Au wrote:
... I accidentally set the Fuse Bits ... of my ATMega32 to
0000 ... External Clock ... Is there a simple way to fix this?

Another way is to use a JTAG interface to get into the chip rather than ISP.  The JTAG interface has its own clock and you can mess up the main clock fuses again and again without worry.  Of course, you loose the use of the four JTAG pins and you mustn't program the fuse that locks out JTAG (although you could go back to ISP to clear that).

Graham.