Re: SPAM-LOW: Re: [avr-chat] XP with LPT1

From: Vikas Yadav
Subject: Re: SPAM-LOW: Re: [avr-chat] XP with LPT1
Date: Mon, 03 Apr 2006 16:45:18 -0700

Hi Hugo,

I have used the very same circuit as shown in http://www.bsdhome.com/avrdude/.

I used the bat file for installing the driver.

The programmer was STK200 tweak using a parellel port (LPT1) with correct pin numbers as mentioned in the page above.

Thanks,

Vikas

Hugo González Monteverde wrote:

Vikas Yadav wrote:
Hi All,

I have made the simple LPT based circuit for avrdude to program 8535. Im running XP and installed the giveio.sys. Still have no been able to do a initialization of the programmer.

Hi, what circuit exactly did you make? Do you have a link to a schematic  or a description?

I suppose you are using avrdude, what model of programmer are you pasing it in the command line?

Did you install the giveio.sys using the enclosed BAT file or did you do it some other way?

Hugo