Re: bug#13578: [IMPORTANT] Savannah issues

From: Miles Bader
Subject: Re: bug#13578: [IMPORTANT] Savannah issues
Date: Thu, 28 Feb 2013 17:12:43 +0900

Stefano Lattarini <address@hidden> writes:
> So we should maybe go (after the next major release) with this naming
> scheme for the branches?
>
>   * maint -> for next micro version
>   * stable -> for next minor version
>   * master -> for next major version

That seems to match common practice, insofar as I understand it...

[Another consideration is whether you have a single named branch for
maintenance (e.g. "maint", and "stable"), or just use version-named
branches (and thus can maintain multiple versions simultaneously).]

-miles

--
Future, n. That period of time in which our affairs prosper, our friends
are true and our happiness is assured.