RE: install to top_builddir

From: Daily, Jeff A
Subject: RE: install to top_builddir
Date: Tue, 5 Apr 2011 08:17:15 -0700

I ran into a similar issue with projects I converted to automake where the
developers were used to having all binaries, libraries, and headers end up in
the root of the source tree under bin, lib, and include, respectively.  My
answer to them was to

./configure --prefix=`pwd`
make
make install

That seemed to satisfy their needs.  Hope that helps.

Jeff