Re: Removing Mac OS X resource forks from distribution tarballs

From: Adam Mercer
Subject: Re: Removing Mac OS X resource forks from distribution tarballs
Date: Wed, 30 Mar 2011 15:55:58 -0500

On Wed, Mar 30, 2011 at 11:46, Ralf Wildenhues <address@hidden> wrote:

Ralf

>> Is there some rule that I can add that will strip any resource forks
>> from files before adding them to the distribution?
>
> dist-hook: remove-mac-resource-forks
> remove-mac-resource-forks:
>        rm -f $(DISTDIR)/._*
>
> ?  I'm not sure what the exact glob for those resource forks is.

I thought of something like that but the problem is that these files
only show up on file systems that don't support OS X resource forks,
such as ext3, and as I build the tarballs on OS X they won't show up
as individual. I've been looking for some code to identify which files
have resource forks but the examples don't seem to work... I'll ask on
a more specific OSX development list.

Thanks for pointing me towards the dist-hook target as that will be
useful once I finally work out how to identify these files properly.

Cheers

Adam