Re: Failure of make distcheck because of image in texinfo file

From: Ralf Wildenhues
Subject: Re: Failure of make distcheck because of image in texinfo file
Date: Tue, 5 Oct 2010 19:18:30 +0200

Hello Marcelo,

* Marcelo Zimbres wrote on Tue, Oct 05, 2010 at 02:44:58PM CEST:
> in my project, I have the line
>
> @image{herald,13cm,4cm,,.jpg}
>
> in the texinfo file. After running autoreconf and configure, "make pdf"  and
> "make html" succeed in generating the files, but if I run make distcheck it
> fails with the message:
>
> ./../doc/swat.texi:144: Could not open file herald.eps, ignoring it.
> @epsfgetbb ...Could not open file #1, ignoring it}

That usually has one of two possible causes:
1) the image was not added to the distribution tarball,
2) your project is not fit for a VPATH build.

The former can be checked by looking at the tarball or extracting it
(and fixed by adding the file to some EXTRA_DIST variable), the latter
by trying out a VPATH build; see info Automake "VPATH Builds".

Hope that helps.

Cheers,
Ralf