Re: advice for pre-generating documentation

From: Andreas Jellinghaus
Subject: Re: advice for pre-generating documentation
Date: Thu, 11 Feb 2010 18:06:22 +0100

Ah, thanks. I didn't know about EXTRA_DIST.

Is there some mechanism I can put a wildcard into automake
files? for example it would be easier to specify "*.html",
as the script downloads all wiki pages, and thus new pages
would be added automaticaly that way.

also I wonder:
what about builddir vs. sourcedir? how do you handle that?

if people have a tar.gz with pre-build documentation, it
is in sourcedir. if people checkout svn and build in a seperate
build root, the documentation is created in builddir.

does automake handle that automaticaly?

and is there a nice way to remove the documentation
with "make clean" or "make distclean" if it was generated,
but not remove it if it comes from the tar.gz?
use the same if/else/endif around the CLEANFILES settings?

Thanks!

Regards, Andreas