Re: pattern rules

From: John Calcote
Subject: Re: pattern rules
Date: Mon, 31 Mar 2008 09:13:23 -0600

Ralf Hemmecke wrote:
I am not new to open software development, just new to the Autotools. And I am well aware that input from novices is often very useful to improve the software, but there must be active developers who take care and help with the first steps.
Ralf,

You may be interested in the book I'm working on for Autotools at

http://www.freesoftwaremagazine.com/books/autotools_a_guide_to_autoconf_automake_libtool

Please note that this is a work in progress -- I've only just begun this project, and thus only the first three chapters contain any real information. Unfortunately, I haven't started on my automake chapter yet (that's Chapter 4), but there is a fair amount of generic information about the problems that automake tries to solve in Chapters 1 and 2.

John