Problems with headers and subdirectories

From: Stefan Bienert
Subject: Problems with headers and subdirectories
Date: Wed, 27 Feb 2008 15:59:13 +0100

Hello there,

I have a simple task:

Srcdirectory with several subdirectories. Some of the subdirs are including headers from directories one level up. Therefore I just wrote several Makefile.am's, one for each directory. How do I treat the headers which in the higher directory levels? I tried something like

librtbbasic_adir = $(includedir)/librtbbasic
librtbbasic_a_HEADERS = ../memmgr.h

or

librtbbasic_adir = $(includedir)/librtbbasic
librtbbasic_a_HEADERS = $(srcdir)/memmgr.h

or

librtbbasic_adir = $(includedir)/librtbbasic
librtbbasic_a_HEADERS = $(topsrcdir)/memmgr.h

but on each make distcheck, the header is not copied nor is an appropriate -I path set.

Help!

Stefan

--
Stefan Bienert