Re: aclocal recursion error

From: Ralf Wildenhues
Subject: Re: aclocal recursion error
Date: Mon, 7 Jan 2008 21:51:05 +0100

* Skip Montanaro wrote on Mon, Jan 07, 2008 at 09:38:30PM CET:
>     >> /opt/local/bin/gm4:configure.ac:23: recursion limit of 1024 ...
>     >> which I'm at a loss to decipher.
>
>     Ralf> We need to see the configure.ac script up to line 23.

> Not much magic there.  Here's the entire file. Line 23 is the AC_OUTPUT line:
[...]
> I think everything in the configure.ac file is pretty generic.

Yep.  Hmm, which `gm4 --version'?  If that's old, you may want to update
it.  I know libtool.m4 at some point had a shaky construct in it, 1.9f
is pretty long ago, too.  Not sure what to tell you there, if you need
libtool > 1.5.x, then you may want to try a nightly snapshot from the
web page, otherwise 1.5.24.  Note if you install libtool locally, you
need to use both its libtoolize, as well as point aclocal with -I to the
installed location of the respective libtool.m4.

Cheers,
Ralf