Re: Migration to Git?

From: Ralf Wildenhues
Subject: Re: Migration to Git?
Date: Sun, 30 Sep 2007 17:59:29 +0200

Hello Benoit, all,

* Benoit SIGOURE wrote on Sun, Sep 30, 2007 at 04:08:46PM CEST:
> Hello,
> several GNU projects (including autoconf) have moved to Git, is there
> any similar plan for automake and libtool?  Is anyone in charge of
> this?  Help needed?

Gary has had Libtool stuff in tla somewhere on
<http://wiki.azazil.net/GnuLibtoolProject> but has mentioned using git
for it eventually when savannah is ready or has already been using it, I
don't remember.  I am still not up to speed with git, but enjoy the
helpful information threads on autoconf and bug-gnulib lists.  It would
really help me if at least a read-only CVS mirror is kept for a (long)
while, because anoncvs checkouts do turn up on rarely-used systems.

For Automake, Alexandre should be asked; FWIW my position is the same as
for Libtool; but note that Automake CVS is currently not hosted on
savannah.

Cheers,
Ralf