Re: Producing MS Developer Studio Project files

From: Paul F. Kunz
Subject: Re: Producing MS Developer Studio Project files
Date: Thu, 30 Aug 2007 09:13:32 -0700

> ------=_Part_4924_3805551.1188485387830 Content-Type: text/plain;
> charset=ISO-8859-1 Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit

> Hi Paul,

> I read your post (very old) about producing MSVC project files from
> makefile.am files

> http://www.cygwin.com/ml/automake/2000-02/msg00019.html

> Were you able to find/create a tool which does that?

   I almost finished that project.   Got to a point where it could
build a project file that could be used to build itself.

>  I am interested
> in this and was planning to write a one if required. If there is a
> existing tool (stable/unstable). I can take that forward for
> maintaining.

> Please let me know if you have any inputs on this.

   Well my project was in the days of MSVC 6.   The project files
changed dramically for VC 7  and then again for slightly for VC 7.1
The project files are still plain text but now in XML, that change
should make things easier.

> Thanks and Regards, Gurpreet Singh

   Good luck if you pursue this and let us know the results.