Re: Strictness

From: Carl Fürstenberg
Subject: Re: Strictness
Date: Sat, 11 Aug 2007 22:06:22 +0200

On 8/11/07, Noah Slater <address@hidden> wrote:
> > I think you misunderstanding me, it's the generation if the changelog
> > that will take too long time.
>
> Well, yes - what else could I have understood from:
>
> > That not an optimal option, as it's illogical to store those files in the
> > svn.
>
> How long does it take to generate?
>
> --
> "Creativity can be a social contribution, but only in so
> far as society is free to use the results." - R. Stallman

it all depends on subjects connection and computer power, but for a
normal person, perhaps 10 min.

I believe the ChangeLog file is a relic from the past when the
developers made one commit per week generally, it doesn't really fit
when there can be hundreds of commits per day.

--
/Carl Fürstenberg <address@hidden>