Re: duplicate installdirs bug

From: Ralf Wildenhues
Subject: Re: duplicate installdirs bug
Date: Fri, 15 Jun 2007 07:47:44 +0200

Hello David,

* David Fang wrote on Fri, Jun 15, 2007 at 05:27:22AM CEST:
>       With automake 1.9.6, I'm getting distcheck failures during the
> install phase (or just during non-distcheck make install):
>
> ============= reduced Makefile.am =================
> # let package name == 'yoyodyne'
>
> foodir = $(pkgdatadir)/foo
>
> foo_DATA = file1
> dist_foo_DATA = file2
[...]

> which errors out during "make DESTDIR=/tmp/somewhere install"
> on the second iteration of the for-loop.
>
> mkdir: /tmp/somewhere/usr/local/share/yoyodyne/foo: File exists

Please post the exact and complete output, and system you are on.
'mkdir -p' may not fail if the directory already exists.  If you are
using parallel make, please move to Automake-1.10 first.

(Side note: if you want to ignore a rule command, you can prefix it with
'-'.  But no necessity here, the bug is elsewhere.)

Thanks,
Ralf