Re: Why does install-info not get called for Debian?

From: Russ Allbery
Subject: Re: Why does install-info not get called for Debian?
Date: Fri, 01 Jun 2007 19:36:10 -0700

Noah Slater <address@hidden> writes:

> Hello,

> I notice that the Makefile generated by Automake refuses to call
> install-info if the --version output indicates it is the Debian version.

> Why is this? I would like install-info to be called on Debian and Ubuntu.

The Debian install-info is a very, very different beast that doesn't work
the same way.  Debian and the Texinfo developers are currently actively
working on merging the programs so that we can get rid of this workaround
eventually.

--
Russ Allbery (address@hidden)             <http://www.eyrie.org/~eagle/>