Problem with distribution of bin_SCRIPTS

From: Noah Slater
Subject: Problem with distribution of bin_SCRIPTS
Date: Tue, 29 May 2007 09:58:15 +0100

Hello,

In my package I would like to generate a script from a source file by
simply copying it and setting the executable bit. I do not need to
distribute the script though, only the source.

No matter how hard I try I cannot get automake to work using the
following set-up:

* The script source is distributed
* The script is NOT distributed but is generated from the source

I have attached a very small example package that reproduces the problem.

If you run "make distcheck" you should get the following error:

 cp --preserve foo.py foo
 cp: cannot stat `foo.py': No such file or directory

This is dispite foo.py being listed in EXTRA_DIST.

Any help is greatly appreciated...

Regards,

Noah

--
"Creativity can be a social contribution, but only in so
far as society is free to use the results." - R. Stallman