(Slightly OT) including svn revision in config.h

From: Jim Lynch
Subject: (Slightly OT) including svn revision in config.h
Date: Sat, 15 Jul 2006 07:17:23 -0400

I'd really like to be able to include the svn revision number somewhere I can reference it from my program so I know which source revision is running on a specific binary, in case I don't record that somewhere. Before I moved to the gnu configuration setup I had a target in my makefile that changed a header slightly and did a svn ci. The header included the $id$ tag that svn populated with versioning info. Two problems with that, if I did an svn ci rather than the make svnci, the file didn't get updated. The other problem is I haven't figured out how to add another target and associated code to the Makefile.am. Does anyone have a suggestion as to how I can automatically keep the svn revision number in a config file somewhere?

Thanks.

Jim.