Fairly recent, trusted GNU auto tools combination?

From: Kent Boortz
Subject: Fairly recent, trusted GNU auto tools combination?
Date: Wed, 12 Apr 2006 23:54:10 +0200

Hi,

I want to upgrade to a fairly recent, trusted GNU auto tools
combination, could you advice? I might be wrong, but from my limited
experience not all automake/autoconf/libtool combinations play well.

Specifically I need good support for creating shared libraries for
AIX, Mac OS X, HP-UX, Solaris, IRIX and Linux,

kent

--
Kent Boortz, Senior Software Developer
MySQL AB, www.mysql.com