Re: distdir dependency?

From: Ralf Wildenhues
Subject: Re: distdir dependency?
Date: Thu, 24 Nov 2005 13:33:25 +0100

Hi Harlan,

* Harlan Stenn wrote on Thu, Nov 24, 2005 at 10:11:03AM CET:
> I am looking for a way to have "make dist" be dependent on a target
> "early" in its invocation.
>
> The purpose of this target will be to make sure the current
> "configuration" is suitable for distribution.

As far as I know, no such thing currently exists.
I agree that it would be useful.  Also, on similar
grounds, it would be useful to optionally have the
distdir rules not wipe the dist directory first,
e.g. because the actual distribution comprises
several packages which would like to share files to
be found not in the toplevel package.  Libtool CVS
users would benefit from this.

Cheers,
Ralf