Re: AM_FCFLAGS not working as I expect...

From: Ralf Wildenhues
Subject: Re: AM_FCFLAGS not working as I expect...
Date: Tue, 8 Nov 2005 08:03:45 +0100

Hi Ed,

* Ed Hartnett wrote on Tue, Nov 08, 2005 at 01:48:47AM CET:

> My problem is getting everything working on an AIX. The fortran build
> breaks there with a libtool problem.

I forgot one thing: If you're trying to use libtool with the FC (Fortran
90/95) interface, you are likely to have to go through hoops with
libtool-1.5.x, since it doesn't support it.  Current CVS Libtool, which
will hopefully soon be Libtool-2.0, does support FC.

> I am getting make distcheck working in the hopes that by doing so, I
> might in some way fix my libtool problems on AIX.

Show the issues, please.

> There were many subtle things wrong with my automake files that I have
> corrected over the last two weeks, so this is not an entirely
> unreasonable hope.
>
> And now I can use make distcheck and it works, which is very
> helpful. I will try on the AIX tomorrow and see how it fares.

Cheers,
Ralf