automake and nasm

From: Ed Schouten
Subject: automake and nasm
Date: Tue, 23 Aug 2005 16:31:04 +0200

Hello,

In my quest to add automake/autoconf to Quake 3 Arena (Open Sourced a
few days ago), I can't seem to find a way to compile the .nasm files
with nasm. It just ignores the files and fails when linking Quake 3
Arena.

When I add the following lines to my Makefile.am:

| .nasm.o:
|       $(NASM) -f elf -o $@ $<

I get the following error when running automake15:

| Can't call method "target_hook" on an undefined value at
/usr/local/bin/automake15 line 1943.

Line 1942 and 1943 of /usr/local/bin/automake15 contain:

|       # Let the language do some special magic if required.
|       $lang->target_hook ($aggregate, $object, $full);

I read the info pages on automake15 and it specifies that you need to
set the SUFFIXES variable. When I add:

| SUFFIXES = .nasm

I still get the same error. Did I forget something? Can somebody give me
a pointer where I could find the solution to this problem? Thanks.

Yours,
--
 Ed Schouten <address@hidden>