Re: How does one specify -Wall?

From: Stepan Kasal
Subject: Re: How does one specify -Wall?
Date: Tue, 19 Jul 2005 18:21:17 +0200

Hello,

On Mon, Jul 18, 2005 at 11:13:51PM -0400, David Ohlemacher wrote:
> I do not seem to have a configure.ac.  Instead I have a configure.in.

configure.in is an obsolete name for the Autoconf source file, but
it still works.

> When I try to add -Wall to it, I get lots of errors.

Don't you get the same errors if you run "automake -Wall" ?

Does your configure.ac contain the new style AM_INIT_AUTOMAKE, which
has only one parameter, the option list?

     If your `configure.ac' has:

          AC_INIT(src/foo.c)
          AM_INIT_AUTOMAKE(mumble, 1.5)

     you have to modernize it as follows:

          AC_INIT(mumble, 1.5)
          AC_CONFIG_SRCDIR(src/foo.c)
          AM_INIT_AUTOMAKE

and then you can change the last line to AM_INIT_AUTOMAKE([-Wall]).

Have a nice day,
        Stepan